My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love

Hey teens, this is my first devotional I am posting. Yipee! I am so glad to share this with you. Please tell me what you think.:)
Oh love, how romantic. Candies, flowers, jewelry, people walking hand-in-hand. There is love in the everywhere in the air. But what about us single people? Are we supposed to just stand on the sidelines and watch?! This time of year can be particularly hard for us single people. We start to wonder what is wrong with us. For those of us who choose to be single, we start seriously reconsidering our decision.
I think we need to look at it from a different angle and I’m not the only one. One man had a better idea, Jesus. He’s an expert on love; in fact he was the ultimate gift of love. He wants us to try to remember that. He loves you more than any spouse ever could. He wants us to love him back just the same. If we do it right, we should never have to be sad about being single.
Now, this may sound a little strange. God says that he wants to be your husband. You are probably thinking, “What are you talking about? I’ve never heard that before.”
If you read Jeremiah 3:14 will be on the same page.
It says, “For I am your husband”
Seems plain and simple enough for me. If that’s not proof enough try Isaiah 54:5
“For your maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is his name.”
What more can I say? He loves you that much. This concept is a little hard for our brains to understand. God wants us to have a deeper level of Christianity. He needs us to be Extreme Teens for Christ. For those of you who are not yet Christians, please go and read the post I wrote about becoming a Christian, that’s the first step.
Part of what God wants of us to do at a deeper level is let go. He wants to be a part of the decision making just like a spouse would. When you are married, all of your decisions are made together. God wants that place. No one should second him. If we do this, it will completely transform our relationship with him. We will never feel alone again because we will constantly talking to God. Can you imagine how wonderful that will be?! Our Valentines Day will be transformed into an amazing holiday! Isn’t it a wonderful God we have! So next time you’re feeling down about being single, think about the wonderful love of our Husband, the Lord Almighty.

Dear God,
Thank you for the wonderful love you have for us. It’s wonderful to have a God that cares so much for us. Thank you for being such a wonderful Husband. You will never leave us nor forsake us. You are an awesome God.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home