My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Call to Action

“God I here you calling out to me,
in the voices of the least of these.
Calling me to reach beyond my work,
To the Beautiful Stranger.”
Beautiful Stranger
By Rebecca St. James


I don’t know how many of you have heard that song, but it really grabs your attention. We can find the “Beautiful Stranger” anywhere; the question is what do we do to help? The “Beautiful Stranger” can be anyone we see, whether it’s a homeless person or a fellow teenager who sits alone at lunch. God is constantly nagging at us to help his children. In John, Jesus tells Simon Peter to “Feed his Sheep” John 21:17. In fact if you go back before that he says it twice more, for an equivalent of three times. As Christians, God is telling us to do the same.
Find away to help the people around you. Join a local church group or organization. If you can’t find one that interests you, than start your own. There are plenty of thing we can do to help. It doesn’t even have to be through a group. You can help by just simply sitting down at lunch with the “Loner Kid”. It is our duty as Christians to help the people around us. So, go help a neighbor carry there groceries or join Habitat for Humanity, it doesn’t matter, just do it. Also, feel free to post your ideas. This is your call to action, now it’s your job to take charge. And remember, God says “Do not forget to entertain stranger, for many by doing so have entertained Angels without knowing it” Hebrews 13:12

Dear God,
Please show me what I can do to help your children.
You told me to “Feed your Sheep” and I am willing.
Please place before me the “Beautiful Stranger” you want me to help.
Thank you, dear God.
Amen

Have fun! God Bless!
Jessica :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so true!!!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thank you very much. I hope it inspired you to tkae action because above all else we most give all we can. Feelings are great but we must let them drive us!
Thanks for the comment!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home