My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Saturday, September 29, 2007

So...

So this is a little unusual for me but I am just going to post a blog on me and who I am as a person. Usually I post devotional type that I have already written but today I am just going to fly so bare with me.
I have been a Christian my whole life, it is the only thing I have ever known and I can not imagine my life with out God. I used to think that just because of that I had not much in common with other Christians. It seemed like every book or show you saw was always about teens who became Christians after years of struggle. This got me thinking, "What can I share and have in common with them?" and it got me really down. I love relating to other teens and I really wanted to help but I didn't think I could. But you know the funny thing is, I have been through most of the hardships that other teens have and I just don't really think about them or let them affect me. For instance, my parents got divorced when I was 8 yrs. It was one of the hardest things i have ever had to deal with. My mom actually left my dad and us 5 kids for drugs and another man. But, when I was 11 years old my dad met and married the most wonderful woman in the world. I was ready for a mother, almost a teen being raised by a single dad. Dad was great and he is my hero, but Mom is my best friend. She came and I was immediatly in love. I began to call her mom within 2 weeks of them dating and it has never changed. So see I don't think of that as a hardship.
New discovery though, I am a teen. I was shocked by that. Ok not really but, it hit me, i do have things in common with other teens, ME!! I am a teen. I have to deal with all the crazy teen stuff we all go through. And I had and idea, why not instead relating on a level that none of us want to be on, why not create a new level, a new image for teens everywhere. Anybody ever get sick of the saying "Well since everyone else is doing it we might as well let them?" I hate it. I want to stand out, I don't to be what everyone telss me I am supposed to be, I wnat to decide what I am supposed to be. Anyone else out there feel the same? So let us do it, let us change the view of teens that the world has put on us. No more well they are all doing it. If we are all going to do something let it be constructive. Did you know that teenagers are the number one responders to national crisis? its true, when the going gets tough we take action. But does anyone talk about this? No, it is just the stuff that goes on in the high schools and in the community. I know that we all can change the world because you guys we are the world, we are the future. It will be are kids and grandkids, and so forth that will be the world. We are the ones who can a nd will change the world, So who is with me? This is not something we can do alone but it is something we can do.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for making us just the way we are.
Thank you for everything about us and for believing
in us. Help us to believe in ourselves, because we are the world.
We can and will change the world, but we need you help to do it.
Give us the strength and the courage to push past obstacles
place in fron of us and to be ourselves, because you
made us this way for a reason.
We Love you Lord.
Give us strength,
Amen

Your fellow sister in Christ,
Jessica

4 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Woah, this is so freaky. We think exactly alike! I used to almost wish that I had some great struggle in my life that I had triumphed over. I kept wishing that my life was as dark as the ones around me, just so that I could say that I had been there and Jesus had gotten me through that. Just like you, I had something that happened in my life that God graciously got me through without too many tears. Recently, and I've shared a little of this with you, I've become more secure in who God has made me. The one thing that He allowed happen to me was a miracle and I'm forever indebted to Him just for that. But anyways, I found out how I can reach teens without having to relate to them on every single issue they're dealing with. It all started when I was watching my G'pa die in the nursing home. I looked into his eyes and saw a fear that I had never seen before in my life. He wasn't saved and I knew he was afraid to die. He held onto my hand and didn't want to let go. I knew then and there, that I would've done anything, even die for my G'pa if I could save him. I've seen that fear in several eyes since. It's almost frightening, but it brings out a strange sort of compassion. The compassion that Jesus felt when he saw Israel, scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd. (ok, that wasn't a complete sentence, but oh wells, neither is the next one) The compassion that says, "I would die for these people if they could only know the Gospel and be saved." It doesn't matter where people are in life. I can still show the same love to one that I show to another. It's not about what they've done or gone through; it's about what Jesus' done and gone through for us.

Welp, that's my reply. Thanks for posting an excellent blog! I'm currently working on that update. ;)

Sincerely,
~Curtis~

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Cutis!
Glad you liked it. I am sorry to here about your g'pa. That would be a hard thing to go through. But God can use many things to shape and change us, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. There is a Britt Nicole song called Don't worry Know where she says she doesn't understand how her father dying fits into Gods plan. Listen to it you might like it.
I can definitly use your help to rewrite the teen stereotype placed on us all. lets break through and do what Superchick says "Stand Up and Be counted"
Thanks again Curtis!
Your Sister in Christ,
Jessica

9:22 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Sounds like a plan! We can start a revolution!

But yea, a few words about faith: it's such a beautiful and difficult thing, isn't it? To me, faith and trust go hand in hand. Faith is the realization that we are nothing and God is everything. The result of that, is we place everything in His hands and follow His leading. The more we exercise faith, the more we learn to trust God and really see His faithfulness and power. It's a constant struggle, though. Even the patriarchs of the Old Testament didn't always walk by faith. Abraham is referenced in Hebrews for his faith; yet he tried to fulfill the promise God made to him for an heir. God "restored" him by testing him with the sacrifice of Isaac. That's another beautiful thing about God. He always restores us when we've failed or fallen. Thank God that He will bring to completion the good work that He began in us!

Lol, goodness, I'm just about writing a whole blog here in my comment. I'd better get back to my blog and reply to your comment.

Affectionately Your Brother,
~Curtis~

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

LOL yeah geesh.
Faith is probably one of the hardest things to deal with. Especially with so many other religions floating around. You have to have complete faith that the God you can not see really is the one true God. Faith is eally what sets us apart. Where other religions believe in long dead humans who prefomed amazing and impressive stunts, we have to just have faith in the being who has ever died and lived to tell about it lol. We have to have faith in the fact that he was not just a prophet or a good man, he is a God.
Those are my thoughts.
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home