My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ecclesiastes 3 or Happy birthday to me!! (Almost)

It is 21 days until my 18th birthday and than I will be an adult, still a teenager but officially an adult. Wow, how time sure does seem to fly and how wonderful and scary it is. Oh I mean not that it is not going to be a blast, I mean it is going to be the bomb!! In fact this year my birthday falls on Marti Gras' Fat Tuesday, something I have known since I was 13. Ever since than I have been planning my 18th birthday party and it is going to be wonderful!! My mom and I are already picking out supplies and planning so it will be great.
But I do think about when I was about 8 and my sister and I used to play pretend. We would pretend that we were 16 or 18 and it seemed like an eternity a way than. But now my sister is turning 20, no longer a teen, and I am going to be 18 an adult.
God gives us verses for these times, as he does all times in all times of our lives. This is my favorite verse because it makes me laugh, and cry and dance. Yep that's right Ecclesiastes 3, a time and season for everything. Here it is:

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to not only tell my friends about my Birthday, but also to talk about how there are good times and bad times but God is there through it all.
Good Night My Dear Brothers and sisters. I hope that as you sleep and in bad times you know that not only is your heavenly father looking out for you but you have an older sister who is praying for you and their for you to lean on.
Sleep sweet my dears!
Jessica

4 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

I know what you mean about pretending to be 18 (or whatever age) and it seeming like a long time ago. my sister and I used to plan what we'd do when Nikki got her drivers license. I think all we ever came up with was going to Dairy Queen. but even after like, ten years, I still held her to it. the day she got her license we went to Dairy Queen. :D

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

LOL thats awesome. My sister and I used to always say we were going to get door less jeeps lol. Hers would be baby blue and mine would be that Barbie Hot pink lol.
Hmm I guess we will see whaen I get my license lol, but I am going to guess that is one dream that won't come true lol.
Jessica

1:17 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Jess! Hi! *grins* Wow, it feels like forever since I've left you a comment! I posted a new blog. It's amazingly long. *teehee*

I'd have to say that one of my favorite verses out of the whole Bible would be Ecclesiastes 3:11; "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."

Aaahh! I love that verse, lol. So yea.

Love, prayer and blessings, sis!
~Curtis~

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah your back! I was wondering how long it would before you were back. I will check out your blog after this. Ecclesiastes is a wonderful but greatly ignored book and that is a great verse. Isn't it amazing how much of us the Lord knows and no matter what he always has a plan?
Blessings Bro!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home