My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Memories

There are some memories in life that as soon as they happen you know you are going to remember them forever. It is those times when you feel really special, really comfortable, or even really silly.
As I have said before I am an older sister. I have an 8 year old sister who is my hearts delight and whom I love to pieces. We have a really close relationship and she is one of the few people that can break my personal bubble and let out the silliness. Tonight well we were getting ready for bed we were goofing around in the bathroom, teasing and sinning the song "Your so Vain" I know, not really an 8 yr old type song, but we had seen it on TV that day. My family watches a show called "Don't forget the Lyrics" and on it there happened to be the song "Your so Vain".
Anyway we were singing in the bathroom and being generally silly, when we heard my mom began to play the song on her computer. We did our own much louder, much sillierversion of Charlie's Angels. We tiptoed up to the door and than plastered ourselves against the wall "hiding". We tiptoed some more, until my little sister put up her hand to stop, shushing me, who was laughing hysterically, so I didn't blow our cover. She peaked around the corner, Sticking her head in the door and thinking our parents wouldn't notice. I, of course was cracking up by now and I whispered "umm I think they can see you" Again she shoosed me, so that we could be sneaky. She looked so silly pretending to be sneaky that we finally burst and started laughing and just walked into the office. Than she began her own disco style dance moves to Carly Simon, which was equally funny. I knew that memory would stay with me forever and I love her even more for it.
As I get older and she gets older, we have less and less of these kinds of moments. I still remember her with a baby face, walking into preschool. But she is know spending more time on the phone than me, and I am preparing to move out and start my own life. My little brothers are now thinking about graduating, driving, shaving, and of course girls. It seems like just yesterday they were sitting in the kitchen in there diapers with milk spilled all around them. But these memories, as well as many others will be with me forever. I pray that all of you will look around you and take advantage of these little wonderful moments. As for me, I am going to spend every second I can making memories.
I send you all my love and big sister hugs,
Your sister in Christ always and forever,
Jessica

This by the way is my little sister favorite song on this cd:
----------------
Now playing: Superchick - Pure
via FoxyTunes

4 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Ahh, memories... One of my favorite movie quotes of all time is from a movie called The Punisher and it goes like this: "I know what it's like. I know what it's like to make your memories go away. You can make new memories; good ones. Good memories can save your life." Memories are like the fingerprint of your soul. With each new season in your life a new wrinkle is added to the others. Only you from the rest of mankind can know what print your soul has. And only God from you and mankind can know your soul-print the best. Each life you touch will bear on themselves the delicate, unique shape of your soul-print. Some people leave a longer and deeper impression than others. Eventually, though, all these prints will contribute to yours.

Thank you for leaving a little of your soul-print on me, sis. Cherish your memories before old age takes most of them from you.

~Curtis~

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My little siblings are the greatest and they all laughed when I read them this blog. They definitely leave prints on my heart and soul. I love being a big sister so much and I really want to get it right.
Hey thanks back bro, was glad to leave a print and thanks for leaving some of your own. You have gave me some great advice and great memories.
BTW what was the message you deleted? Just curious.
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

6:14 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Oh I deleted a comment because I had misspelled a word. Exciting, I know. *clears throat*

I posted a new blog! It's another episode about social behavior, lol... Check it out and let me know how you like it!

:-)

~Curtis~

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

oh my gosh, Curtis misspelled a word!! Does that happen?!?! Man you are picky lol.
Will check it out bro!!
Jessica

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home