My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Getting old(er)

Yesterday my older sister moved out. It is a very strange feeling. Its like she is still living here but than i remember she isn't. I know that sounds dumb but my sister and I have always been together and she has always been part of the picture so it just seems like she is still here. I find myself walking into the garage, expecting her apartment to be there, and I keep expecting her to wake me up early in the morning when she gets home from work. It is really weird that she isn't living here anymore. I know it has only been one day but still.
My sister and i used to be really close. We were the youngest girls and she was the only one I could talk into playing Barbies with me. We began to grow apart as she made friends and became concerned with being popular. Our main focuses changed and we really got our personalities. I finally realized how different we really were. She is kind of loud and loves to be social and have people like her. I am really quiet but at the same time I am really friendly to people, particularly the underdogs or anyone who is left out. Also she doesn't really know who she wants to be and I have very set moral and character standards. Sometimes I think my head is in this fantasy that we are the worlds best sisters but in reality we have never really gotten along.
But either way I still love her and miss her. She is my big sister and the house feels incomplete with out her. The strange thing is that we are actually getting along better know. I think we were constantly rubbing each other the wrong way and it built up a lot of tension. Now when she comes I don't get that tense angry feeling I used to, know I am more relaxed and we just talk and hang out like, well sisters.
Anyway I am almost 18, my baby sister is in the third grade, my baby brother is turning 16 and graduating this year, and my youngest baby brother is officially a teenager, and to a certain degree it is really sad. I almost wish I could rewind time and turn them all into little kids again because I don't really want all of it to end. I really don't want my childhood to be over that fast. But I do love watching them mature. I love watching them become these wonderful people I knew they would be and it makes me look forward to the future. Things like their future careers, spouses, children.
So here is to growing up. It is the most bitter sweet experience ever but it is about that silver lining again.
Thanks for listening,

Dear God,
Thank you.
I know you made change for a reason.
And just like the leaves that are changing colors,
the world around me is adapting and changing into knew life.
Help me to see the silver lining to everyday
and to accept these changes as the wonderful blessing you have made it to be.
I love you
Amen

Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

4 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

I know how that feels...it's hard having an older sister move out. when Nikki moved awayj I felt horrible all the time and just crazy missed her. she's back now, of course, but for a while there it was super, super hard. I don't expect this to help...when Nikki moved away nothing anybody said could make me feel any better. I'm glad to hear you're taking it well, though. :)

--Jo

11:36 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It sounds to me that you and Nikki are a lot closer than we were but it is still different. I think the biggest thing is this feeling of having an empty space. Thanks for sharing your story. Growing up is good and bad. I just wish that things could always stay the same but at the same time it is exciting to watch the change.
Have a great day Jo!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

10:45 AM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Wow, all of us have had an older sister move out now. I remember when my older sister left for college in Virginia. Maybe it's not quite the same thing as moving out entirely, but it's similar. I'm kinda like Jo. My sis and I are the best friends in the world. But as strange as it sounds, I wasn't as sad when she left. I guess I just accepted it. Most of the time, I can be like that. I'll take life for what it is and work from there. *shrugs* They do say that you never know what you had until it's gone. I do miss having our whole family together. Life can just be weird like that. Even if your family life isn't perfect, you still miss being home. Maybe that's just God's way of telling us to appreciate what we have as much as we can.

Good blog! It's got me thinking.
~Curtis~

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thats cause your a boy lol.
No I am just kidding. I think my biggest thing is watching the younger siblings grow up. It is sad when the baby is in third grade and when my little brother is starting to prepare for graduation. Heck even the dog is all grown up lol.
But you made some great points. I mean if life wasn't great than we wouldn't miss it. It really makes you step back and appreciate things.
Thanks for reading it Curtis!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home