My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Have you ever?

Have you ever thought you wanted to be something that it runs out you hate or have no talent in. for instance I wanted to be a teacher at one point but I hate school. OK I don't hate it but I really just am glad it is almost done. I also wanted to be an editor. i was actually pretty good at finding common mistakes and I love to read so some one actually told me that I would make a good editor. But it turns out I really don't know that much about grammar, go figure. I even thought I might want to be a celloist and I could even play the Cello, but I found it kind of boring. Even now I have the things that I want to do that I am not really sure about. For example I thing I want to join the Air force. I think military is an amazing career choice plus I like what they do and what they stand for. But I have my doubts about basic. I am told that physically it is not to shabby but emotionally you need to be prepared. Well see that is my weak point, I am emotional. So who knows about that.
Also I love to write and have every intention to be a writer but than there is that ever present doubt, is this what God want me too do? I mean don't to serve God you have to become a nun or something? I wonder what job could I do where my talents better serve God?
But I have come to a semi conclusion all and I want to share it with you. I still don't know all the answers, and I still feel the everyday things around me that tell me I should make a decision, but I have chosen instead a verse. Fully rely on God. I am going to FROG it people. Fully rely means not sometimes, not when you have all the answers, not when it is easy, but always and fully. So no more worrying and wondering. Although I am sure there will be lapses, I am certainly not perfect, but I am going to try. And I would suggest to all of you who I know are out there struggling with this to FROG it along with me. God will provide we just need to learn pateince and as God said in Evan Almighty (OK Morgan Freeman playing God but still) God doesn't give you a direct boost of patience, he gives us opportuinties to grow our patience and to grow our faith. Now we have to do our part.

God,
Thank you for always providing.
Help me too see when you do
and help me to wait and rely.
I plan to FROG it for awhile God
so it might be a bumpy ride lol.
Love you and thanks for a beautiful day!
Amen

Have an awesome day all!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

5 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Nope. Never.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

ooh! ooh! I have!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Wow you guys are fast!! Care to tell? Any wise tips?
Jessica

1:30 PM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Uhh... well... Lol, it's kinda funny that you should mention Evan Almighty, cause it made me think of that scene in Bruce Almighty where Bruce is driving along and God keeps putting signs right in front of him. All of life is like that. God is constantly turning and guiding us through our parents and other outside circumstances. If we keep asking for direct intervention, we'd better look out, cause God might take us up on that, lol. Right now, I'm thinking about what I want to do with my life, too. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster that's slowly ascending to it's peak before plummeting downwards. I want to badly to know exactly when I'll start dropping and exactly where I'll be heading. In *God's* reality, He just wants me to trust in Him and follow the roller-coaster track that He's laid out for my life. Us humans prefer to learn by experience, lol. We want to be in control. As far as the nitty-grittys of trying to decide "what to be when you grow up" lol, here's some fast tips:

Take a personality test! Crown Financial Ministries offer a free one that really helped me out big time.

Look up books at the library. There's a series of books that compile lists of possible jobs for several personality types. It's kinda the E-Harmony for jobs. Except not as disgusting, lol.

Make a list of things you love to do! I noticed that you did that a bit in this blog already. But just wrack your brain for anything that you've done before that you even thought were a little fun.

Take the ACT or a test like that. If you register online, they will give you a free job assessment test after you sign up. They can help you target some strengths and weaknesses. (the ACT is pretty much the easiest test out there. You get points for guessing if you don't know the answer)

Hope these helped you!
~Curtis~

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Curtis these are great tips for anyone reading the blog! (I have already done most of these lol) But i think the number one thing is to trust and pray. God will tell you when the time is right. Maybe you can't handle it right now.
Thanks Curtis!
Jessica

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home