My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another dose of Worrywart

Alright I know there has been a lot of blogs lately but what can I say i love to write. Check out the latest in the latest Worrywart installment. Recap Roi is a 6 yr old girl who loves to worry. She has a mom, dad ,and a 12 yr old sister. *Edit BTW last time I said her sister was 11 but I realized that it didn't fit. She is 12* We found out that she has a new very big worry. If you need more specifics check out my original post.

Chapter 2- Going to Kates
Summer is the best time of the year. You can swim in your pool, eat ice cream, and play with your sister with out her having to leave for school. School is boring; school is the number one place I do not want to go. I am sure that Mom will never make me go there, that is one worry I do not have. Only older siblings go to school anyways, like Jamie or Tommy Shaines older brother Matthew. I hate school because school means that Jamie has to leave and I love Jamie soooo much. The house is too boring with out her there to make me laugh, or read me stories, or make up funny games. But she has to go 5 days a week when summer is over and I have to stay home, bored, alone.
That is why I love summer. Right now Mom and I are going to Kate’s Jewelry Emporium to shopping for a gift for Jamie. We are buying her a gift because it is almost her birth day, and not just any birthday but her 13th birthday! She is going to be officially a teenager. She keeps going around the house talking about how she is “practically an adult”. Jamie turning 13 is something that will have a page in my Worry Journal.




Worry Journal
July 19th 10:33am

Jamie is turning 13. I have a list of things to worry about.

1. What will Jamie do about zits? Henry Wheeler’s sister Rebecca has zits and she is always talking about how much she hates them. I heard she even puts toothpaste on her face! How very strange.
2. What if Jamie becomes a completely different person? What if she wakes up on the day of her birthday with different hair, face, skin color, everything? And what if I don’t even recognize her? What if she is standing right in front of me and I don’t even know who she is? Who will I give her gift to?




“Mom,” I asked in my most serious voice, the one I specially reserve just for worries.
“Yes Rori honey?” she answered turning her head slightly to look at me and smile, and than turn back to look at the road.
“Mom, when Jamie turns 13, will she suddenly turn into an alien and I won’t recognize her under all the green skin and antennas?”
See the best thing to do with worries is to tell them to Mommies. Mommies can solve any worry imaginable, from aliens to monsters under your bed. It doesn’t even have to be your mommy specifically, just a mommy. Even Robert Salder down the streets mommy. Mommies always have the right answer and they don’t laugh at you quietly behind their hand like daddies do. My dad does that all the time, the other day he did that and tried to pretend he was coughing.
“Rori honey, Jamie will always be Jamie, without any green skin even when she turns 397, ok? Plus wouldn’t we still love Jamie even with green skin?” She said doing some more smiling that made me feel all warm inside. I imagined Jamie with green skin and began to laugh. It would be hard to have a sister with green skin but at least she would make a good show and tell. I started to feel a little better, but I still kept the worry at the back of my mind so I could worry about it later.
“Here we are honey,” Mom said pulling into the parking lot. I got out of the car and looked up at Kate’s. Kate’s is one of the fanciest places in town, maybe even in the whole world. The front of it reminded me of a palace with a red carpet that led up the steps.

There is more but not typed up. Sorry to leave you a cliff hanger. Tell me what you think!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

2 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

I love it. Dude, you're gonna have me addicted to these stories. Just don't stop right in the middle of them (collectively) without any intention of bringing the whole thing to a conclusion, lol. One of my other friends did that. It was an awesome book that they had written themselves and they were posting it by chapters on Myspace. Then one day, they just stopped and I just about had a coronary because it was getting so good.

But yea, cute story! Thanks for posting that! Btw, I posted back a huuuuge reply to your inquiry about my view of predestination on my blog comments, lol. It's worth checking out! It took me over an hour to get it all typed up and referenced. I was up 'til 1:30 this morning, working on it.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yah!!!!! Glad you are liking it and don't worry if I stop now my whole family will probably kill me. I am writing it for my little sister so I can't stop!
But keep checking because there will be more. And I will check out your blog reply. Thanks for such an effort. I was totally asleep by than lol.
Jessica

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home