My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Twenty first time

So I just heard this song on the radio today and had to find and share it. It is amazing and really gets you thinking. I am not sure how to add music or videos or else I would add the song. here is the lyrics though.

“nowhere to live, nowhere to fall
he used to have money, but he’s wasted it all
his face is a photograph burned in my mind
but i pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

he sleeps under stars, that’s all he can afford
his blankets and an old coat he’s had since the war
he stands on the corner of carter and vine
but i pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

he may be a drifter, he’s grown old and gray
what if he’s Jesus and i walk away?
i say i’m the body and drink of the wine
but i pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

she’s twenty-nine but she feels forty-eight
she can’t raise three kids on minimum wage
she’s cryin’ in back of the welfare line
but i pretend not to see her for the twenty-first time

she may be a stranger tryin’ to get through the day
but what if it’s Jesus and i walk away?
i say i’m the body and drink of the wine
but i pretend not to see her for the twenty-first time

this is a call for a change in my heart
i realize that i’ve not been doin’ my part
when i needed a Savior, i found it in Him
He gave to me, now i’ll give back to them

drifter or stranger, father or son
i’ll look for Jesus in every one
’cause i am the body and drink of the wine
and i’m thankful there’s more than the twenty-first time”

~ “the twenty-first time”… by monk & neagle

Hope that makes everyone think.
Have a great day all!
Your sister always,
Jessica

2 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

I love it. I shall look it up on youtube. Thanks for sharing that!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

NP! Glad you liked it!
BTW do you know how to upload videos? Thanks Curtis!
Jessica

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home