My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am the second oldest of a big family. I am a extreme teen for Christ. I love writing and would love to help teens through my writing. I feel like I have a lot to share with those teens that tend to be forgotten, those average christian teens! I also have a good sense of humor heehee. (sometimes)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Its a hard knock life

Oh boy life sure is hard for us college students; strenous work loads, lack of sleep, and participation points that consist of joining a hilarious discussion. My teacher posted these and I laughed so hard. Here is the discussion and my comments. Enjoy!!:
Teachers post-
Hi Class, any thoughts?


16 THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN :

By Dave Barry, Nationally, Syndicated Columnist

1 . Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2 . If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race Has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3 . There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4 . People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5 You should not confuse your career with your life.

6 . Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

7 . Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9 . You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10 You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11 . There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12 . The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

13 . A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice person (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)

14 . Your friends love you anyway.

15 . Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. .. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

16 . Thought for the day: Men are like fine wine.. They start out as grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.


My Comments- Mine are in red!
This is awesome! What a great way to meet participation points. I how you don't mind but I am totally stealing this and putting it on my blog.
So here are my favorites and my thoughts on them:



1 . Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.- Enough said

5 You should not confuse your career with your life- We have a career so we can make a living, not a living so we can have a career

6 . Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.- I sometimes forget this one, but it is so beautiful. It reminds me of the dance like no ones watching.

7 . Never lick a steak knife.- Okay, show of hands, who has done this one?

9 . You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.- Exactly! Good reasons anyone?!


10 You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment. - The thing about this rule is it really only applies to guys, the poor dears. Why is it that you never hear of girls making this mistake? Whenever we go to rub a women's belly like she is buddha, we always end up guessing right?


12 . The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.- And we are all wrong.

15 . Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. .. A large group of professionals built the Titanic- Good point, never thought about that.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my insane comments. These are great teach! Thanks for making me laugh!!

This is what I posted to my class and what I get credit for, nice huh? Lol Feel free to join in the discussion and leave your comments!

Good Night all!
Your Big Sister In Christ,
Jessica

4 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

Lol, there is pretty much only one reason why you won't see girls making the mistake of asking guys if they're pregnant... I'll let you figure that one out yourself, lol.

I really loved # 16. I'm going to have to tell that one to my sister... She'll get a big kick out of it. Thanks for sharing those! They were very funny!

~Curtis~

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Har Har, thats is not what i meant and you know it. Try rereading geesh lol.
JK bro, I hope your sister likes it too!
Have an awesome night!
Jessica

8:56 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

haha. good post, Jess! those were really funny. wait. you're not supposed to lick steak knifes??

2:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks Jo! Glad you liked it!
Don't worry Jo, although I can understand where that could be bad, we all do it lol.
Have a great day!
Jessica

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home